WHAT DO STUDENTS LEARN IN CREATIVE MEDIA PRODUCTION IN KEY STAGE 4?
Cambridge National in Creative iMedia will inspire and equip you with the confidence to use skills that are relevant to the digital media sector and the wider industry.
Digital Media is a key part of many areas of our everyday lives and vital to the UK economy. Production of digital media products is a requirement of almost every business so there is huge demand for a skilled and digitally literate workforce. This course will provide you with the skills for further study in subjects such as media, journalism, design or business. It also prepares you for a range of creative and technical job roles within the media industry.
HOW WILL STUDENTS LEARN IN THIS COURSE?
Amongst many things you will learn how media products get their meaning across, create impact and appeal to people. Furthermore, how to create original digital graphics for specific audiences. You’ll develop a range of skills to help you succeed not only in the workplace but in other subjects too. These skills include:
- Analytical skills
- Digital presentation skills
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Research and planning
No matter what you progress on to – the skills you’ll learn from a Cambridge National will prepare you for the future.
HOW ARE STUDENTS ASSESSED IN THIS COURSE?
WHAT IS THE LEARNING SEQUENCE?
- Unit R093: Creative iMedia in the media industry
- In this unit you will learn about the sectors, products and job roles that form the media industry.
- You will learn the legal and ethical issues considered and the processes used to plan and create digital media products.
- You will learn how media codes are used within the creation of media products to convey meaning, create impact and engage audiences.
- Unit R094: Creative iMedia in the media industry
- In this unit you will learn how to develop brands and visual identities for clients.
- You will also learn to apply the concepts of graphic design to create original digital graphics which incorporate your visual identity to engage a target audience.
- You will also learn a range pf design skills using the Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
- Unit R097: Creative iMedia in the media industry
In this unit you will learn to design and create interactive digital media products for chosen platforms.
Interactive digital media products are found across the media industry, in games, websites and apps, and learning.
You will learn to select, edit and repurpose multimedia content of different kinds and create the interactive elements necessary for an effective user experience.
WHAT QUALIFICATION IS GAINED FROM WHICH EXAM BOARD?
OCR Cambridge Nationals in Creative iMedia
LINK TO EXAM BOARD SPECIFICATION
HOW IS IT GRADED?
Grades for Cambridge Nationals and for GCSEs align at key points.
Level 1 covers GCSE grades 3–1 (or D–G) and Level 2 GCSE grades 9–4 (or A*–C).
- The bottom of a Level 1 Pass is aligned to GCSE grade 1
The bottom of a Level 2 Pass is aligned to GCSE grade 4
The bottom of a Level 2 Distinction is aligned to GCSE grade 7
WHAT FURTHER EDUCATION AND/OR CAREER CAN THIS QUALIFICATION LEAD TO?
By developing applied knowledge and practical skills, this course will help give you the opportunity to progress on to A Levels, a Cambridge Technical in Creative Media, an apprenticeship or university.
Creative iMedia could be first step of a career as a Games Developer, Comic Book Writer, Graphic Designer, and more.