We support you!
We never leave a student behind either academically or financially. The 16–19 Bursary Fund is a government-provided, means-tested fund available to support students who have difficulty in meeting costs relating to their studies. To qualify, you must be under 19 years of age on 31st August in the academic year in which you start your programme of study, and you will be expected to provide evidence of personal and/or financial hardship. Each case will be assessed individually, however, usually this would be based on a household income of £33,000 or less, plus any benefits you are in receipt of at this point in time.
For further information, please see the guidance and application form:
Every young adult at the college will be assigned a learning mentor. This will be a member of staff who will meet with you regularly to discuss your progress and identify strategies to help you when you may need a little extra support. We are in the fortunate position of having an experienced team of post 16 mentors just for you.
Why not put yourself forward to be a member of the 6th Form Leadership Team? We will hold regular meetings for the team to discuss any issues that may arise throughout the year.
The leadership team will have the opportunity to put their improvement ideas forward to the Headteacher and our governing body.
Not only will this help us to ensure that the student voice is heard loud and clear at Paulet 6th Form College but this experience will be invaluable to any young adult who chooses to take part.
Immaculate: Dress to impress
At Paulet 6th Form College our dress code is smart/casual. You can wear dark trousers, dark jeans or dark skirts with a shirt, polo shirt or smart blouse with dark shoes or dark pumps.
Our students have told us that sportswear, trainers, ripped jeans or mini skirts are not smart or casual.
- Smart trousers or skirts are acceptable. Denim, leather trousers, cargo pants, track suit bottoms are not acceptable. Shorts must be tailored.
- Polo shirt or a shirt with collar, are acceptable.
- Blouse, shirt or smart tops are acceptable.
- Tops with shoestring straps, vests, football or other sports shirts are not permitted.
- Midriffs must be covered.
- Smart, appropriate, leather footwear is required. Trainers are not acceptable. Flip-flops and stiletto heels are not acceptable. However, smart sandals are appropriate for summer.
- A jumper, cardigan or jacket may be worn-unless students are sitting an external exam. Jackets and coats must not be worn in lessons or exam hall. Hoodies are not permitted at all.
- Hats should not be worn indoors.